According to the National Restaurant Association’s 2012 Restaurant Industry Forecast:
- Nearly 40% of consumers say they’d be likely to use an electronic ordering system and menus on tablet computers at table-service restaurants.
- About half said they would use at-table electronic payment options and a restaurant’s smartphone app to view menus and make reservations.
- At quick-service restaurants, about 4 out of 10 consumers say they would
- place online orders for takeout,
- use in-store self-service ordering kiosks, and
- use smartphone apps to look at menus and order delivery.
What’s more is that in today’s über-connected society, email and text messaging are proving to be an effective way for restaurant operators to reach their consumers. Roughly 3 in 10 of adults said they would like to receive an email with daily specials, while about 20% prefer text messages daily deals.