What might you add to the list?
11 Mistakes Businesses Make Doing Social Media
1. Forget social media is a great listening portal.
2. Talk about themselves too much.
3. Have no social media plan.
4. Are less than authentic.
5. Neglect community feedback.
6. Inconsistent in both branding and engagement..
7. Sabotage themselves by either under-posting or post overload.
8. Think tactical not strategic.
9. Think social media is free. David Ogilvy used to say “if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.”
10. Focus on vanity metrics (likes and followers), rather than key business outcomes such as improved customer service.
11. Ignore social media.