How To Have Daily Deal Business Success
The Opportunity:Your Groupon/LivingSocial deal is a great way to draw traffic and new customers to try your business.
The Challenge: Bringing them back for repeat business.
▪ Tip 1: Be prepared for the rush. About 30% of purchased Groupons/LivingSocial and most other group buy daily deals are redeemed within the first 7-14 days of the offer, resulting in immediate increased traffic. Think about your prepardness in terms of staffing, inventory and equipment to meet demand.
▪ Tip 2: Your customer service reputation is on the line. Communicate and keep your staff informed about the Daily Deal offer. Let them know the specific terms of the offer and have a plan as to who will handle complex queries.
Furthermore, be conscious of loyal returning clients. One major complaint from this group is that they feel ignored when businesses are dealing with “Groupon” customers. Be attentive to your regular customers too and show them you value their patronage. Your new customers are watching how you treat the regulars!
▪ Tip 3: Make it easy to share the good news with others. It seems like human nature for people to share a terrible shopping experience to everyone and anything with ears! However, a good experience is often shared with smaller more intimate circle of friends. This is not necessarily a bad thing; in fact – you may be getting a better quality referral.
As a business owner have you thought about how your customers can share their delight in you and make it go viral? Ask them to post a review or recommendation on Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Foursquare, Google reviews, etc – it is the equivalent of a personal endorsement from one friend to another!
▪ Tip 4: Most customers will try to use the Groupon or LivingSocial coupon toward higher priced items. However, don’t be surprised if customers spend more than the offer just to sample something new or different. Be prepared to wow them with these items, because when they return they are likely to order those items again.
▪ Tip 5: Several hundred potential customers will see the coupon deal but actually miss the buy in opportunity. But they will inquire anyway just to find out what you are all about. It’s important to identify these customers. Empathize with them about missing the deal and ensure you make their experience worthwhile.
More importantly, have a way to keep in touch so the next time you run a special they’ll be among the first to know!
The Solution to bringing back Daily Deal customers
Find a convenient way to capture contact information. This can be achieved through signing up for text message offers. This type of mobile marketing is fast to implement, fast to build a customer base and fast to yielding results.